Thursday, September 16, 2010

Complaining is Fun

I stopped blogging for several months. Then Sunday I wrote a post. And then within a few days I get lots of comments to it, mostly from locals. Which is unusual, since I hardly ever get any attention, especially since this blog is pretty much DOA. And then I think, "Hmmm, I must have been featured on DC Blogs or something." Which is cool (thanks guys).

The comments were good and it is nice to see people standing up for DC. I don't think it's necessary to comment on what some people replied, because for the most part everyone had good points. Most people who know me know I have a self-deprecating sense of humor, which is to say that when I say I hate DC, I might not really mean it. I do like it here.

I just like to complain. Complaining is fun. True story.

However, I still stand by my assertion that I think it is pretty shitty that in this specific situation, nobody offered to help. Also: when somebody says to me, "If you don't like it here you should just get the hell out." If it were that simple, I prolly would have. But I signed a legal contract which states that I shall live and work here for three years once I graduate in December. So there.

Moving on. I ate half of a cherry pie for dinner tonight. So I got that going for me. Discuss, I you will....

3 comments:

  1. Well your comment on my post was certainly a lot nicer and more composed than mine I must admit. Perhaps you are just too good for nasty ol DC and I am not. But I'm okay with that. So you signed a contract and your stuck here. So make the most of it. Fodder for your blog. A lesson in patience and humility and dark comedy. Whatever it is...its not a bad place to hang your hat for awhile, as long as you have the right attitude. If you let the little things get to you, you will end up hating DC. And that'd be a shame. Best, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving you long time. Also, Cherry Ride having cherry pie made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my only comment is...
    did you save me some??? :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete