Thursday, November 26, 2009

43 Things I'm Thankful For


I've got this tradition which I started a few years ago at Thanksgiving where I take stock in the past year and list the things I'm thankful for, and this year in particular I feel like I've got a lot.

In no particular order, a list of some of the things I'm thankful for:
  1. Summer Shandys
  2. Polar Plunges on New Years.
  3. The shit show that is The Russia House.
  4. Portland in April. And August.
  5. Babies. In particular, the ones had by friends this year (there have been a lot).
  6. What's Up with That? on SNL.
  7. Ohio St. Beach in the Summertime.
  8. The way the clock tower at Healy Hall lights up at night.
  9. My study partners - Aaron and Brooke - from Stats class this Spring. The only good things to come from that experience.
  10. The thinning of the trees along Q St.
  11. Movieoke.
  12. Wendel G, my bike.
  13. Edmund, my car.
  14. Boston in April.
  15. Toronto in February.
  16. The way the Chicago River smells like salt and chocolate in the Fall.
  17. The way that "Endothelin, a potent vasoconstrictor" rolls off the tongue.
  18. 4/13/09 at 2:49 pm
  19. Breakfasts at Nookies.
  20. Patho transcriptions.
  21. Kate & Dave's wedding in Boston in April, and seeing good friends there.
  22. About 40 hours on a bike to/from school this semester and only 2 flat tires and one wipe-out.
  23. Smith's Night at Danny's.
  24. Taco Easter.
  25. The bathroom at the Pie Hole in Chicago (this sounds dirty, but it isn't. Someday I will explain.)
  26. My Hoya Saxa, Bitches t-shirt.
  27. Cafe St. Ex.
  28. DCAC.
  29. The 7-11 donut, Corn Nuts and Big Gulp diet from January-May.
  30. The turkey chili at Epicurian.
  31. The 24-hour Starbucks at North & Wells.
  32. My mom, dad and brother.
  33. Late winter/early spring walks up Clark St. in Lakeview.
  34. My friends in SanFran, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Indy, New York, and London. I love and miss you all.
  35. Happy hour at J. Paul's.
  36. Weanamins!
  37. My cohort - I love these people - and in particular a handful of those that have already become lifelong friends.
  38. Chicago. Especially this past summer.
  39. Georgetown.
  40. The buffalo statues on Dumbarton Bridge.
  41. The salty sweet chocolate chip cookies from Sticky Fingers.
  42. Crushes (that make you feel like you're 15).
  43. Rowing class at the Lincoln Park lagoon.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and here's to a sweet Holiday Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment