Monday, August 24, 2009

Hoya Saxa, Bitches

Last night was my Goodbye Chicago Going Away Party at Matilda's from 8-11.

Of course, I was there at 7:50 to make sure all was OK. And I was the only person there for a good 30 minutes. I love it when that happens. I sat in the reserved basement room with the bartenders, chatting it up before people arrived. At 8:20 they asked me if anyone else was going to show up. Haha, make all the jokes at my expense that you want, just keep the shots coming. 

Which they did. It ended up being a great time, with a good amount of friends in attendance. Words were exchanged. Hearts were broken. And I was more drunk than I've been in awhile. Don't quite remember leaving the bar, or going to Sidetrack afterwards. But whatevs -- It's my last night in Chicago I can do what I want.*

Back to DC on Tuesday. For good. Woot! (I think, right?)

* "Do what I want" apparently included not being able to walk a straight line, needing to grab onto the wall in order to stand up, kinda/sorta falling asleep at a urinal, and vomiting my guts out at Mark's, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment