Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Like it in the City When the Air is So Thick and Opaque

Riding my bike home from Glover Park tonight around one a.m., I am drunk without a helmet and I am speeding because it is almost all totally downhill and the night air is thick and fragrant and heavy and kinda sweet in a bread-ish way, and suddenly Adele's "Hometown Glory" pops into my head and I think: This is Perfect; and I let Wendell and myself wander past the wrong side of the yellow lines on P Street and again on Mass Ave., and I think this is truly Wonderful (with a capital "W") despite the fact that just minutes ago I lost my beautiful camera, which is missing, lost somewhere around or in Gin and Tonic, and Goddammit I'm not even drunk and I somehow let this happen... 

This is supposed to be an entry about my first impressions of some of my cohorts, whom I met this afternoon for Happy Hour at J Paul's (or some shit like that). It went well, and afterwards we went back to Jeff & Katie's place for more drinks and the inevitable drinking games, where I texted Mark to say: "I am at a party after my cohort mixer, about to do drinking games. Christ. This is either going to be the best sixteen months of my life, or the worst."

Christ, I need a donut. But instead I will go to bed. But goddamn a donut would be so nice right now...

Seriously....

No comments:

Post a Comment